Wednesday 27 July 2016

You are a masterpiece too.

Encouragement For Today.
Bible Verse:1st Cor 12: 7
My almost two year old was humming to a song the other day. At first I couldn't tell what it was but he kept going. There was no way I wouldn't know the song. I mean after years of watching Barney as a child and then forcefully as an Adult. I should have been able to decode that particular song in my sleep. It was the you are special song.

It goes like this "cause you are special, special, special, cause you are special in your own way"
It is true. You are special and full of talent. You might not be able to pray for people to get healed of cancer, or lead worship or deliver moving sermons. You may not be the best cook or best in giving out advice but you are still special.

Every body has unique gifts, some are mighty and some may seem small, but they are gifts regardless. No one has a mediocre gift. When I first became a christian, anytime I worshiped God, I was always in tears. I didn't understand why, I know that I was always moved but I started doubting that my tears were of joy. I was worried that maybe a part of me hated being in Gods presence, so I decided to talk to my pastor about it. He was so joyful, He told me that so many people wanted, wished they would be stirred in their souls that way when they were in the presence of God and He knew without a doubt that it was a gift from God.
Thinking about it then, I thought that crying in Gods presence was mediocre but now I would never trade that gift for anything else in the world. It is a humbling feeling that is best felt than described. Thank you Lord.
Gifts are Gods special blessings, and the bible makes us understand that everyone is gifted. Everyone including you. 1 Corinthians 12:7-11 A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other.
Your gift could be your personality, your ability to edify people, your kind words, your warmth, your kindness, your ability to speak up for people, your gift of singing or playing an instrument, it can be anything that is soaked in goodness.
Your talent is a gift from God and your gift back to Him is how you use it.
Are you using your gift to glorify His name?
1st Peter 4:10-11 your gift is for the service of others, You must remember to use it with all humility. Colossians 3:23-24 also reminds us that, whatever you do(with regards to your gift) do it heartily as for the lord not to men.

Maybe, you aren't sure what your talent is and you really want to serve God. All you have to do is begin to walk with the lord in obedience and pray to Him, asking Him to reveal to you what your gift is and how to use it. It really is that simple!

Lets read together the story of the five talents found in Matthew 25:14-21.
 Similarly, it is like a man going on a trip, who called his servants and turned his money over to them. To one man he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one, based on their ability. Then he went on his trip. “The one who received five talents went out at once and invested them and earned five more. In the same way, the one who had two talents earned two more. But the one who received one talent went off, dug a hole in the ground, and buried his master’s money. “After a long time, the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them. The one who had received five talents came up and brought five more talents. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you gave me five talents. See, I’ve earned five more talents.’ “His master told him, ‘Well done, good and trustworthy servant!Since you’ve been trustworthy with a small amount, I’ll put you in charge of a large amount. Come and share your master’s joy!
Now to the one who hid his talent, he was punished. His talent was taken back from him. I pray that your talent will never be taken back from you. You must use it sister. Use it to the glory of God.
On the day when we are faced with our Lord. We will give accounts of how we used our talents. It is my earnest prayer that on that day, we will be given a pat on the shoulder and a hug from our Father who with love, will say to us, Well done.
You are a masterclass, truly blessed and gifted. Gods own best. Shine on baby, You are Gods star.

No comments:

Post a Comment